Re: E-specs for spec proc handling.

From: George Greer (greerga@circlemud.org)
Date: 03/15/02

On Fri, 15 Mar 2002, Welcor wrote:

>From: "Daniel A. Koepke" <dkoepke@CIRCLEMUD.ORG>
>
>> George's suggestion of using an E-spec field to set special procedures is
>> a much more attractive idea.
>>
>And could get rid of spec_assign.c altogether :)

That's the idea.

>The idea would mean E-specs would have to be implemented for
>rooms and objects as well.

Makes sense to have them be universal.  Objects don't have strength but
arbitrary, extensible tagging is useful itself.  Making the formats nothing
but the tags is attractive too.

>I can't wait to see this in an official release :).

Don't hold your breath. :)  I'd classify it as a 3.[^01] feature.

--
George Greer
greerga@circlemud.org