Re: your mail

From: VampLestat (vamp@csulb.edu)
Date: 02/24/94

On Tue, 22 Feb 1994, Circle Mud Mailing List wrote:

> From: jelson@blaze.cs.jhu.edu
>
> The Kings' Castle area's special procedures take up about 850 lines of
> code -- is it worth it?  Is the area any good?  Should it be kept in, or
> deleted in favor of some new areas (which some of you can hopefully
> provide!).

I think that while its not the best area, it does serve as a good example
of spec procs, and can always be deleted.  Is there a major necessity to
have it as a separate file though, or is there a good way to organize the
grouping of spec_proc code?

> Should pets be allowed to get/carry/use/wield/wear items?

Actually I've removed pets totally, but do allow charmed mobs to take
orders to get/carry/wear/wield.  Maybe limit wear/wield to humanoid only
type pets (of which there are none, right?)

> From: Brett C Helgeson <bhelgeson@csc.Cornell-Iowa.edu>
>
> Has anyone ever dumped the socials? I'd rather just use the emote
> command. Just wondering..

Na, I actually plan to add a bunch.. always kinda liked em myself.  They
allow a wider variety of stuff that emote doesnt (as emote requires the
name to start the line).  If you give emote more freedom, it can be
severly abused.  I cant recall the times I've seen people caught with the
'emote gives you 50,000 coins.' trick when they go to trade an item or a
service with another player.

_O_  Ryan L. Watkins                                     vamp@csulb.edu