Re: Poison

From: VampLestat (vamp@csulb.edu)
Date: 02/26/94

On Sat, 26 Feb 1994, Josh Kifer wrote:

> > ** To trade spells with someone. I want to have about 3-4 spells per level for both
> >    Cleric and Mage. I am close to that, but would like some more.
>
> I think it would be cool to impelment 'find familiar' and allow first
> level mages a little animal they can order around and snoop.

Yea, FajitaDIKU implemented familiars that you could purchase in a shop
located in the mages guild.  They were basically charmed mobs that
imporved your max hp and mana.  When they died however, you lost those
points, plus a few extra, permanently.

A problem dealing with familiars is also how to save them out of the
game, and the bugs that tend to come with procedures to do that.

_O_  Ryan L. Watkins                                     vamp@csulb.edu