Re: FTP areas (fwd)

From: William H. Schwartz (whschwartz@mmm.com)
Date: 03/11/94

More areas do make a mud better as does unique/improved code.

neither one works alone.  standard diku code with 200 areas wouldn't be
overly popular and neither would the best code with 6 areas.

I've seen some really nice muds (code wise) where they didn't have
enough area for it to grow.  people won't play on a mud where they are
on top of each otheer too much.  I've also seen huge muds (lots of area)
that had stock diku code.  also bad.

You need to balance the resources available to you between better code
and more/better zones.  If you ignore either your mud will never reach
it's potential.

Bill

William H. Schwartz				email: whschwartz@mmm.com
3M Company					phone: (612) 737-1612