Re: Imm switch.

From: Jeffrey B. Deitz (jeffd@crl.com)
Date: 04/01/94

On Thu, 31 Mar 1994, VampLestat wrote:

> On Wed, 16 Mar 1994, Danhiel Baker wrote:
>
> > I'm just curious what ppls feelings are towards those players that earn
> > the exp to Immort but do not wish to.  I personally see little "good"
> > coming out of such characters - generally they tend to just stick around
> > and help level their friends and otherwise increase the levels/day rate
> > of the mud, IMO.
>
> It seems this can be even worse if these same players can also Immort at
> will as well though.  If you allow *anyone* (and we all get our share of
> asshole players) to Immort, or stay mortal, they will get both, and then
> use their immortal abilities to assist their mortal characters.  I've
> seen quite a bit of abuse by Immortals, and its often alot harder for the
> nomral players to police an Immortal, than a fellow mortal player.
>
> I perfer the system where players can only be promoted to Immortal status
> by an Implementor.

 I agree about having people advance to immortal only by the God on the
system and that is one of the things we took care of right away. To
change for your mud add the following to the gain_exp in the limits.c file.

void gain_exp(struct char_data *ch, int gain)
  int i;
  bool is_altered = FALSE;
  if (IS_NPC(ch) || ((GET_LEVEL(ch) < LEVEL_IMMORT) && (GET_LEVEL(ch) >
0))) {
      if (gain > 0) {
         gain = MIN(100000, gain);
         GET_EXP(ch) += gain;
                if (!IS_NPC(ch)) {

/*THIS IS THE FIX RIGHT BELOW THIS LINE. IT IS ONLY THE NEXT LINE!!!*/

     if((GET_LEVEL(ch) < 30) && (GET_LEVEL(ch) > 0)){
        for (i = 0; titles[GET_CLASS(ch)-1][i].exp <= GET_EXP(ch); i++) {
               if (i > GET_LEVEL(ch)) {
                  send_to_char("You rise a level!\n\r", ch);
                  GET_LEVEL(ch) = i;
                  advance_level(ch);
                  is_altered = TRUE;
                }