Re: CIRCLE 3.0 ABRIDGED WORLD BUILDER'S GUIDE - PRELIM (fwd)

From: Eric Pilcher (rasta@CSOS.ORST.EDU)
Date: 04/04/94

>> Sure, these flags could be left out, but most flags can be called
>> extraneous on one ground or another.  Hell, the NICE_THIEF flag might
>> as well just be yanked - it's NEVER had a legitimate "justifiable"
>> use IMO.  As far as I know, in the base code ONLY the Queen Spider in
>> the dark forest had this flag...and I don't even see the logic behind
>> her having it.
>
> We've also made it impossible to steal from mobs that are much higher level
> than you (I don't remember the exact numbers, but it's some piecewise
> function).

A lot of players will use theft to force shopkeepers into combat as they
cannot attack them by conventional means.  Setting the shopkeepers to be
considerably high level, to decrease the chances of theft and setting the
NICE_THIEF bit prevents this forced combat.

-Eric:  rasta@CSOS.ORST.EDU, gt7282c@prism.gatech.edu | mud.CSOS.ORST.EDU 4000
"We expect such comments coming from you." - Robert & | God is not dead.  He is
 Sara (Pestilence & Destiny) Implementors of Apoc IV  | wizinvis w/ a headache!