Re: Individual player files.

From: Jeff (jfink@csugrad.cs.vt.edu)
Date: 04/05/94

> You know, the Merc guys had THE ideas with respect to playerfiles.
>
> Why not make Circle 3.1 have individual text playerfiles just like Merc?
> Or maybe not EXACTLY like Merc.. it would save on playerfile corruption
> and make addition to the character structure a hellovalot easier.
>
> Just a thought.

Well, the text format is much larger than saving them in binary mode...
although I am for separate player files... it'd be much easier to save
the poofin and poofout messages, along with any other variable length string
that the player has (including long descriptions)  You could even tack
the rent file onto the end.

-Jeff