Mage Spell List Revision Suggestion and notes

From: Danhiel Baker (dbaker@dcs.uga.edu)
Date: 04/11/94

Ok, the cleric list will follow... sorry it took so long, but I've had tests
today and friday, and junk to handle over the weekend.
I didn't include the original list - I apologize for that - but I've moved
around many of the spells, putting some old ones back where they were in
the original, and pushing some of the new ones back.  One explanation here,
and I'll field questions about why I did this-or-that later :
Fly and Vitality were reversed in order; the logic behind this is that
players would rather cast a lower level spell that would cost them *no*
movement AND be able to 'fly' over water than cast a higher level spell
that would only restore their movement - thus, Mages should get Vitality
BEFORE they get Fly...

1 Magic Missile
1 Detect Magic

2 Detect Invis
2 Decompose

3 Chill touch
3 --

4 Invisibility
4 --

5 Armor
5 Identify Potion

6 Burning Hands
6 Infravision         { Should be self-only, IMo, like Detect Invis is }

7 Teleport w/Error
7 Control Weather

8 Strength             { Self-only! }
8 --

9 Shocking Grasp
9 Blindness

10 Information       { Is this the exact same as Identify scrolls? }
10 Waterwalk         { This should still cost movement... What happens if it}
                     { runs out?  I'd like to see players take damage... ;) }
11 Lightning Bolt
11 Wizard Eye

12 Enchant Weapon    { Max out at +3 toHit +2 toDam; work as before... }
12 Paralyze

13 Color Spray
13 --

14 Sleep
14 --

15 Vitality        { Just restores some move, right? or..? Self-Only!! }
15 Energy Drain

16 Dispel Magic    { should also remove invisibility from objects, IMO }
16 --

17 FireBall
17 Fly             { Self-Only! Should cost no move, and also allow boatless }
                   { travel over water.  See waterwalk about it running out }
18 Enchant Armor   { Should work similar to EW; no more than -3, doesn't work}
		   { on MAGIC items, align-restricts armor = to caster's align}
19 Ice Storm       { Chill Touch Area }

20 Conjure Elemental

21 Disintegrate    { Is this meant to be Area Effect, or single target? }

22 Charm Person

23 Meteor Storm    { Burning Hands Area?}

24 Summon Undead

25 Inferno       { Flame strike is the name of an AD&D cleric spell... }
		 { Just suggesting this to better describe a 'FireBall Area'}

>> Also, must objects meet the base level for the spells, or could it be
moded so that it will default to the spells base level if the scroll/wand/
etc is set too low?

Danny

ps, once I'm home I'll come up with some damage for the area effect spells..