Re: Circle on a hp715

From: Rune H. Skogseide (db19@oliven.bih.no)
Date: 04/28/94

On Thu, 28 Apr 1994 jelson@blaze.cs.jhu.edu wrote:

> > Anyone out there had any luck running the circle mud on a hp 715?
> >
> > I have managed to convert some of the code and it runs smothly for a while
> > until it suddenly stops up.... It never crashes, it just stops *sigh*
> >
> > I think the select() function is the thing that stop it but I am not sure
> >
> > The select function on a hp715 requires:
> >
> > select(size_t nfds, int *readfs, int *writefds, int *exceptfds,
> > 	const struct timeval *timeout)
> >
> > while the circle uses fd_set instead of int *
>
> How did you convert the standard fd_set code to the select() code required
> by HP?

Actually I only used a trick to get rid of the warnings I got when compiling

I put in:  (int *) in front of the three params in the select call to convert
the parameters.

fd_set is kinda long int  if I remember correct...

I got it up and running, but it always stop up, mostly between 2mins to 30 mins

-Rune