Re: Quick question. (fwd)

From: Chris Kerr (ckerr@netcom.com)
Date: 06/09/94

>What exactly is its functionality?  Can you give an example of what you
>can do with it?  I know that SillyMUD has scripts so that you can get mobs
>to go in "circular" patterns.  They'll talk, move, etc through the script
>until they get to the end, and then they start over.  Is this similar to
>what you're talking about?  -Jeff

  One merc is using it to create quests in a pretty imaginative way. For
example, when you first enter the bar, and are low level and have not
done quest yet, the bartender asks if you'd deliver something to
so-and-so somewhere in town. If you say 'yes' then he gives you the
object. You go deliver it and get exp for finishing quest.

  Later I did another where on a corpse i found a letter and a mysterious
magic item to deliver to a mage said to live in moria. Doing this, you could
get exp, gold, another item, information, etc.

I think it's pretty cool. BUT, isn't there a memory leak and bugs in
this system still?

ckerr