buggy spec_procs... help!

From: Steppin [MOF][DUMF] (grruffin@midway.uchicago.edu)
Date: 07/18/94

I'm trying to write a special routine that will open and close a door based
on how much weight a certain object contains. I would have thought it would
be fairly straight-forward based on the other routines I've written in the
past, but it crashes the mud left and right. I've been told that special
routines are a #1 source of bugs, but I don't really have any idea what I
should be looking out for: What about that sort of special routine would
crash the mud? If it would help to look at the code itself, and somebody
would be patient enough to do so, I'd be happy to oblige.
Thanks :)
Nino