well my exp thing. (fwd)

From: Eric Pilcher (rasta@CSOS.ORST.EDU)
Date: 07/20/94

> what i did was this....now i have less exp.
>
> 1.  get exp for damage.
> 2. add all of groups levels.
> 3 exp gain = group_gain/num_of_levels * GET_LEVEL(ch);
>
> so a 30, a 25, and 1 would be a grtoup of 56 levels...
> ws the 1st level woulg get 1/56 of group exp, the 30 would gert 30/56 etc...

A lot of muds use this same equation, and it's fine to an extent.
All of these muds have the same exact problem:

MOB's EXP:  560000

1/56 * 560000 = 10000 EXP to the level 1 player (wow, he's level 4 already).

Okay, the exp cap explained once more:

MAX EXP GAINED = (MIN EXP FOR NEXT LEVEL - MIN EXP FOR CURRENT LEVEL) / INT

where INT is minimum number of mobs that a character must defeat before
moving on to the next level.  The larger this number, the longer it
takes to level.

This is Ryan's idea, and so far is the best I have seen.

-Eric