alignment change algorithm?

From: Jeremy Elson (jelson@blaze.cs.jhu.edu)
Date: 07/21/94

I don't like Circle's alignment changing algorithm - I think it's too
obfuscated and stupid, and I wrote it about 3 years ago when I didn't
know any better.

What do you think of this: When you kill a moster of alignment N, you move
15% of the way from your current alignment to an alignment of -N.

I like it because it's simple and has a tendency for people to stay more
or less close to the center - i.e., it's difficult to get a _really_ nasty
alignment of like -900 or -1000.

Also, I want to change 'score' to give you a textual rather than numeric
indication of your alignment, i.e.:

-1000 to -850	You are supremely evil.
-850 to -650	You are very evil.
-650 to -550	You are evil.
-550 to -350	You are evil, with occasional good tendencies.
-350 to -150	You are neutral, with occasional evil tendencies.
+150 to -150	You are neutral.
+150 to +350	You are neutral, with occasional good tendencies.
+350 to +550	You are good, with occasional evil tendencies.
+550 to +650	You are good.
+650 to +850	You are very good.
+850 to +1000	You are supremely good.

Whaddya think, sirs?