Re: Greetings (fwd)

From: Ake Jonsson (sv0akejo@ida.his.se)
Date: 08/30/94

Jeff "Teker" Fink wrote:

>>"Mr. Wizard" <jsbarrow@fas.harvard.edu> writes:
>>> 1.  Removing the numbers side to the game.
[STUFF DELETED]
>>> 4.  Incorporate a trophy system into the experience system.
>>>
>>> Far too often people find mobs which are the easiest to kill for the most
>>> experience and then kill them over and over and over and over and...well
>>> you get the picture.  I trophy system keeps track of the number of kills
>>> for each mobile and reduces experience awarded after a certain number of
>>> kills.  The percentage doesn't have to fall from 100% to 0%.  It can be
>>> reduced incrementally.
>>>
>>> This seems realistic to me.  How much experience can you gain after
>>> killing a giant for the fiftieth time?  Should it become old hat after a
>>> while?
>>
>>Are you keeping track of number of kills per mobile per person?  I can
>>see this getting out of hand if you keep track on a per player basis
>>(just the memory alone), and some mobs you want people to kill over and
>>over... like fidos and other easy first level mobs.
>>
>>-Jeff

Take a look at MUME, There they have the trophy system and it
works fine. When you kill a mob the second time you get about
80 % of the xp's, and when killing a third it gets lower.....
Works fine.

In MUME they also have 'tp', travel points. When travelling in
land unknown for you, you get tp's for it, and when advancing
a level you must have a certain amount of tp as well as xp.
It force the players to 'travel the world'.

Give it a try: lbdsun4.epfl.ch 4242

Mvh Ake Jonsson

--
    /_\  University of Skovde, Sweden                   (o o)