*linkdead* Answer

From: Mark Shapiro (mshapiro@csc.com)
Date: 09/18/94

According to you:
> From marble.bu.edu!circle-owner Sun Sep 18 14:37:19 1994
> Date:         Sun, 18 Sep 94 12:53 CDT
> From: Vampyr <VAMPYR%KSUVM@BUACCA.BU.EDU>
> Subject:      *linkdead*
> To: <CIRCLE@MARBLE.BU.EDU>
>
> I can't remember if I posted this earlier, and if I did, I apologize.
>
> I have noticed that when someone goes linkdead, you can't disconnect them,
> you really can't do anything but force them to quit, which puts them into a
> a limbo.  I have heard several times that linkdead, but still connected
> people tend to be a drag on the system, is this true, and if so, is there
> some code that can be implemented that will automatically boot them comple
> completely off the mud in 5 ticks, or when a 33+ issues the command?
>
> Just wondering...
> Vampyr.

Try going to the room they're in <limbo, after some period of time>
and purging them.  When a character goes linkdead <I think> it automatically
saves the character and their equipment.  When you purge them, it frees
up the pointers and removes them from the game completely.

--
mshapiro@explorer.csc.com
God doesn't believe in Atheists - Matthew 12:30