Re: Try And try Again...

From: Mr. Wizard (jsbarrow@husc.harvard.edu)
Date: 09/19/94

On Mon, 19 Sep 1994, Jeffrey Daro wrote:

> 	I hope I finally have this right, and the list is hearing me. *giggle*
> I have a question about 3.0.  It seems to be fixing all the problems I
> had with 2.2, but now that I have been running 2.2, I am dreading and
> will most likely not move to 3.0 because I do not wanna lose all the work
> we've done.  Will patches to repair 2.2 be available?  I am looking for
> stuff like aliases, tounges, a fixed string command.  I understand this
> has all been done, and I am so busy I would rather use that code then
> rewrite it myself.

Unless you've revamped 2.2 beyond recognition, you may find it nicer to
patch in your own changes to 3.0.  Aside from the new features, the code
looks much leaner and more efficeint.  I've heard for over a year now
that it "will be out in a couple weeks", but maybe this is closer to
becoming a reality.

> |  Jeff - Daro@Saturn.Rowan.Edu    |                                          |
> |         JDaro@Netcom.Com         | If today is the first day of the rest of |
> |----------------------------------| my life, what was yesterday?             |
> |  T A Z M A N I A                 |                                          |
> |  Ukko.Rowan.Edu 5000             |                                          |

||  Joshua Sky Barrow  ||| Harvard University Faculty of Arts and Science ||
|| 19 Central St., #28 ||| "If you can imagine it, you can achieve it.    ||
|| Somerville, MA      |||  If you can dream it, you can become it."      ||
|| 02143-2834          |||                                   Unknown      ||
|| (617) 666-0859      ||| E-mail:  jsbarrow@fas.harvard.edu              ||