Re: OLC

From: Laurence A. and Milena R. Rooks (mrj1@Ra.MsState.Edu)
Date: 10/26/94

On Mon, 24 Oct 1994, Michael Jones wrote:

> Keep in mind one thing.  Mud coders (whether designing a new MUD or
> a new base) are notorious for not keeping good time estimates, and
> there are VERY good reasons for that.  Now I've gotten away from
> telling people as much as possible when something is going to be
> released, because then they *expect* it, and generally say it will
> be ready when it's ready.  However, there's always that *large* group
> of people who continue to insist when something's going to be done,
> so you're forced into some kind of decision ("soon" often being the
> one) to get people off your back (whether the best approach or not).
> Also, at the time one makes this decision, he/she looks ahead at their
> schedule and thinks that soon is a pretty good estimate, until a week
> later something more important falls in your lap and delays you for
> several more weeks.  Programming for free doesn't hold a really high
> priority (although fun...it doesn't pay bills or get you the degree).
>
> So cut Jeremy a little slack and let him finish Circle when he can.
> Just be glad he's doing it at all.
> Michael G. Jones <Finger Me for PGP Key>  Miami University, Oxford, OH
> MGJones@NeXTSrv.CAS.MUOhio.Edu  http://nextsrv.cas.muohio.edu/~mgjones

AMEN!
* Laurence Anthony Rooks             * Milena Renee Johnson              *
* Spawn/Silk                         * Syn/Synemin                       *
* tclr@convex1.tcs.tulane.edu        * mrj1@ra.msstate.edu               *
* "Life without a mud is boring.     * "If it ain't romance, it aint     *
*  But mud without a life is         *  shit."                           *
*  stupid."                          *                                   *