Re: Auto-equip/Auto-gold

thc@interaccess.com
Date: 10/30/94

> A few weeks ago I was reading this newslist, and I saw someone post the code
> modifications forto make a character started out with a certain amount of
> cash or equipment.  Could someone please repost ttit?  Thanks much!
>
> -jo

I posted something along time ago, but will send something out again.

Ok, here is something real quick. I forget exactly what the items
are, but there are something like leather jacket, bread, bag, and a dagger.
Change the 30xx numbers to what you want from your object files. Also,
make sure if you change the size of the equip array to change
the i<=4 (the 4) to represent your new value. I call something similar
to this right after a character has completed the class selection.

Ohh yeh, when you call load_newbie_equip (if you do it before they
actually enter game), you do something like:

	load_newbie_equip(d->character);

/*
** load_newbie_equip(): load items from equip[] to ch.
*/
void 	load_newbie_equip(struct char_data *ch)
{
	struct obj_data *o;
	int i, equip[5] = { 3024, 3010, 3044, 3076, 3081 };

	for(i=0;i<=4;i++)
	{
	  if(o=real_object(equip[i],VIRTUAL) == NULL){
	    sprintf(buf,"SYSERR: newbie item %d does not exist!",equip[i]);
	    mudlog(buf,CMP,LVL_IMPL,TRUE);
            continue;
          } else obj_to_char(o,ch);

	}

	GET_GOLD(ch) = 1000;
	send_to_char("Count your lucky stars, you have been equiped!\r\n",ch);
	return;
}

--
 "Freak scene just can't believe us. Why can't it just be cool and free us?"
  thc@interaccess.com	rev@indy.net	Reni or Sebadoh or Nroff @ MUDS