A crash bug and 2 questions

From: Panama N. Red (panama@free.org)
Date: 02/08/95

First of all, I think there is a crash bug in circle 3.0 betapl4.  Create
a new character, delete that characater, and then cut link while
selecting a class....>BOOOM  the mud crashes.  Could someone write a fix
to this and send it to me please?

Secondly, where is the list now?  I think I am only subscribed at
pvv.unit.no, which is the main list?  Could someone subscribe me to the
upenn site if need be?

Lastly, I wanted to make player-killing impossible.  So I went to the
do_damage (I think that is what it is called)

and put a little line of code after the shopkeeper protection code that
said
if (!IS_NPC(ch) && !IS_NPC(victim))
{
send_to_char("You can't kill players here!\n\r", ch);
return;
}
This works GREAT except that if someone is poisoned it gives the
character that message every tick.  So if they quaff a poison
potion....it says every tick instead of you feel burning in your blood
and suffer.......You can't kill players here!
I assume it is doing this because the ch is also the victim when you
quaff something.  So how do I fix this so that with objects poison works
but when someone casts the spell on another player it just plain doesn't
work.

Thanks,
Sala
insomnia@arcade.com