Re: strange problem with Circle 2.2

From: Carter T. Shock (ctso@umiacs.UMD.EDU)
Date: 02/12/95

> I am having a strange problem with circle 2.2
> when a player looks at another player they recieve the words
>
> "you are dead"
>
> and then they get a print out of the main menu, but they do not die.
> Then the normal look at another player message is displayed.
> Has anyone had this problem? Any clue how to fix it? I am totally stumped.
> I have no clue why this is happening. I have looked at the code over and
> over and found nothing. I would appriciate any help anyone can give.
>
> Desperate....michael cunningham

I just did a grep for the you are dead line. The only place it appears
in the stock code is in fight.c in damage().

Sooo.... when the char gets the you are dead line, does anyone
receive exprience? Is there a syslog entry saying that the person died?
If none of this happens, try:

grep -i "you are dead" *.c

or something like it and let us know the _other_ place where the line
can be printed from

	-Todd