checking for emulation at connection

From: Andy Davidoff (dert@concrete.resnet.upenn.edu)
Date: 03/14/95

> I've been sitting here trying to sort out how to get a person's terminal
> emulation right when the connect... the attempts I've made all SEGV me :(..
> anyone have a good way to do this?
> Brett

i no a few bulletin board systems have capability to do this within scripts.
i'll look into it, but if u wanna get the jump on me, try looking for a
script (MECCA) for maximus bbs software, i no there is one out there that
can decipher if u have ansi or not, etc.
the scripts are fairly simple, so i dont think it's an internal function.

by the way, what are you using now? :)