Re: checking for emulation at connection

From: Ja vel Bosdal (nivek@gate.net)
Date: 03/14/95

It might be the fact that you're trying to send high ascii characters
such as boxes and so on.. But I dont know if that would segfault.. Then
again, there is a slight possibility the function cant handle it but I've
never tried to do this.. Try sending just a colored version of the word
'ansi' or something simple like that..  also, you might want to just ask
if they have ansi or not before you display the login, without the
color.. Cause the escape codes will just annoy the people who dont have
it.. And if they do have color, well, I guess they know..:P hmm, well, I
doubt I helped any.. But I just thought I'd throw my half cent in..:)

God against man, man against God, man against nature, God against man, man
against God, man against nature, nature against man, nature against God,
             God against nature...very funny religion!