Re: checking for emulation at connection

From: Wheel of Fish! (piraeus@connectus.com)
Date: 03/15/95

> It might be the fact that you're trying to send high ascii characters
> such as boxes and so on.. But I dont know if that would segfault.. Then

actually.. I found that you can do that by accident.. I meat to put /033
into a line and accidently dropped \003 in there.. popped off with several
hearts everywhere I did it *chuckle*

> again, there is a slight possibility the function cant handle it but I've
> never tried to do this.. Try sending just a colored version of the word
> 'ansi' or something simple like that..  also, you might want to just ask
> if they have ansi or not before you display the login, without the
> color.. Cause the escape codes will just annoy the people who dont have

thats pretty much what I tried after the box thing failed.. still SEGv'd for
some reason *shrug*

> it.. And if they do have color, well, I guess they know..:P hmm, well, I
> doubt I helped any.. But I just thought I'd throw my half cent in..:)

hey.. add up al the .5 cents and you'll be rich :)

Brett