Re: Color bug

From: Wheel of Fish! (piraeus@connectus.com)
Date: 03/16/95

>   Okay, got your copies of utils and comm. Will diff them later on.
> I did find a minor bug however. To see it, try this "gecho &-Ytest".
> you will get a full extra line of background color.

hrmm.. I have yet to come across this and we tested about every combination
possible I thought.

> So, my quick fix was
> to go in and add \033[0m to every blank \r\n I could find. Since it can't
> hurt non color, and this bug may have a few mates. Also, a & code needs
> to be added for return to normal.

hehe.. I thought about that and am working on it :) just gotta figure a
couple of bugs that have higher rating first :)

> Although you automatically do it at the
> end of a string, one is needed for world descriptions. For example,
> "&*+R A large sign &+Y is here, planted firmly in the ground."
> first part flashes red, then when you try to switch to normal yellow, it
> is still flashing. So, I figure best to turn it off when done.

nod.. I caught that sucker first thing.. I'm pretty sure I know what I need
to do to fix it but as this is the first time my provider has been up all
day I haven't had a chance to play yet :)

>   And a word of caution! Non-gods should _not_ have access to ansi
> codes. You never know when a disgruntled Medieva player will show up and
> spam everyone with purple garbage! :)

hehe.. I have a nice little piece of code that stifles that rather quickly
actually.. it's a spam killer.. catches anything over 20 repetitive hits by
one user and disconnets them.. works really nice.. we tried :)

>   Other than all that, I really like this addition. Allows everything
> Sojourn's does, but is MUCH easier to use.....

glad ya like it.. I'll keep you updated on any new toys we produce.. but
alas.. now I have to go sort out my racial ablities code.. seems my 'life
draining' segv'd this morning *sigh*

Brett