Re: Clans (fwd)

From: KrimsonMUD [140.174.210.5] (dkoepke@global.california.com)
Date: 03/29/95

On Wed, 29 Mar 1995, DragonMUD [iii1.iii.net 4000] [199.232.40.10 4000 wrote:

> 				- Mr. Data, Lt. Commander, U.S.S. Enterprise

Clans seem fairly straight forward to me.  First thing would probably be
creating a place where it saves who is in a clan, or if you want to wipe
the pfiles, in struct char_data put a char, byte, or however you plan on
saving the players clan in.  After you've decided on which approach, its
probably best to write the routine(s) to read/write from the clan file or
in db.c, (if you added clan info to char_data) in the read/write for the
player files (I don't remember the names of the functions, but searching
for GET_CLASS may get there:).  After that, you're on your own on how you
want to implement the rest -- but, suggestion being as follows, don't let
it be free to run or be in a clan, put in clan houses, but restrict the
ammount of objects that can be saved in there, and put in a aesthetically
pleasing " [clan]" type thing in WHO (ie., "[ 206 Dro Mag ]  Spawn the
Implementor/Coder/everything    [KoD]" (on my MUD (version 2 gamma,
version 1 doesn't have clans) at least)); ....

Whoops, bad habbit with the semi-colon...

----
Spawn (dkoepke@global.california.com)
KrimsonMUD (140.174.210.5 port: 3999)
C prorammer's smilies: (:);    (:)(-<);
DISCLAIMER:  Take this message as you will, I meant it differently.