Re: Spell Affections from objects.

From: Giao H. Phan (casret@concrete.resnet.upenn.edu)
Date: 04/11/95

On Thu, 30 Mar 1995, JOACHIM PILEBORG wrote:

> > From circle-owner@concrete.resnet.upenn.edu Thu Mar 30 02:19:11 1995
> > From: Andy Davidoff <dert@concrete.resnet.upenn.edu>
> > Subject: Spell Affections from objects.
> > To: circle@concrete.resnet.upenn.edu
> > Date: Wed, 29 Mar 1995 19:15:16 -0500 (EST)
> > Sender: circle-owner@concrete.resnet.upenn.edu
> >
> > > Has anyone created objects that give spell affections to players when the
> > > object is worn?  For example, a ring that affected the player with sanctuary.
> > > Much thanks.
> > > --Naji
> >
> > nod. fairly simple. we also added spells, ie: a spell gets cast on you or your
> > opponent (if in battle), based upon a chance percentage. objects also have
> > a chance of destructing after each use - defined by another var. it's pretty
> > cool, but i would suggest limiting the creation of these items because too many
> > destroys balance (unless they have alot of spells/affects on them, but destroy
> > themselves quickly, etc.)
> >

> About those objects, does anyone out there have some code to share?
> I have tried to implement the rings from Tolkins books, but havent succeded yet.
>
> // Joachim Pileborg

for those who aren't on RGMD, we are relasing our code, it alreayd been
submitted, we are jsut watiing for peter(the ftp maintainer) to get off
his butt and post it for yall, expect by this weekend.
concrete.resnet.upenn.edu:/pub/sf.tar.gz

i don't want to take the time to snippet out teh code right now, (i have
a Bioengineering exam to stufy for) so just grab the code when it beocme
available.