Re: Stamina based combat system

From: Andy Davidoff (dert@concrete.resnet.upenn.edu)
Date: 03/30/95

we have implemented this. until the new code is written, however, it has
bin merged with the temp mud running SF on concrete port 4000

>       Here's an idea I'm going to implement that I thought I'd share to
> get some feedback on. On most diku based muds I have found that the sta
> ndard movement point scheme is rather weak, especially for warriors, I
> feel that it can be improved by tying it into combat. I'm thinking along
> the lines of having it to where each round movement points are subtract
> ed from a character when a physical action is performed, like a success
> full hit would cost 2 mvp's, a missed hit would cost 1 mvp, swapping eq
> would cost 3 mvp's, and physical skills would cost like 4 mvp's. In ord
> er to make things fair, I will also have it to where mobs lose movement
> points too, plus regeneration of mvp's lost in combat would be on the
> pulse rather then on the tick, while there still would be a chance for
> a char or mobile to become exhausted and not be able to do any hitting
> until a few mvp's have been regained at which time the char or mobile
> can continue to fight or flee.
>
> -Curtiss

works pretty well i think (dunno about 4k ;) and it gives the spells
'refresh' and 'fatigue' some importance. of course, all our skills
cost the user movement in place of mana (where appropriate) so for
the fighters of the mud, movement (fatigue) is a very real issue.