Purpose of this list

From: John T. Cox (jtcox001@homer.louisville.edu)
Date: 04/18/95

Several people have complained about the flaming on this list. Now, if I'm
not mistaken the purpose of this list is the development of Diku/Circle code
which would mean that many of the mailings to this list are completely
inappropriate. Most of them should probably go to the newgroups
(rec.games.mud.diku). Now, at the same time the flaming should really stop.
There's no reason we should be rude to someone because they asked an
inappropriate question, that's assuming it's inappropriate. Perhaps, either
answering their question or pointing them to the right place to get the
information they need and then politley informing them that in the future
questions of this nature should be directed someplace else, wherever that
might be, would be better. Lord knows, the net is confusing and abusive
enough as it is, why make it worse. Afterall, we were all newbies once.

Just a few thoughts,

P.S.

It's not in my .sig because I personally think it's tacky but stop by
KallistiMUD and check us out, mud.peak.org 4000 (well we're usually on
4000 anyhow). [End of tacky plug]

John T. Cox - IT, Resource Centers    | jtcox001@homer.louisville.edu
"Oh yeah!, Well I'm Princess Angelina | jtcox001@ulkyvx.louisville.edu
Contessa Louisa Francesca Banana Fanna| jtcox001@ulkyvm.louisville.edu