Re: ablnop

From: Lincoln Chan (linc@CSUA.Berkeley.EDU)
Date: 04/18/95

I doubt anyone's really immune to flaming.  Besides, being flamed once
in a while is good for you.  It forces you to rely more on yourself and
less on others.

This is an easy question to answer, I'll even go about how you can sorta
figure it out yourself even.

Well, you know these numbers replaced the bitvectors that were once (and
still can be used) in the world directory.  They're now converted with
a funky function called long asciiflag_conv(char *flag)
All this function does is replace the letters you see with the corresponding
bitvector in structs.h
(BTW, asciiflag_conv can be found in db.c)

So, if you're wondering how mobflags are now loaded, instead of adding all
the bitvectors: 1+2+4+8+16+32 (which controls how a mob acts or what a mob
is affected by or sometimes what a mob IS), you use abcdef.  In layman's
terms, ablnop is 2^0+2^1+2^11+2^13+2^14+2^15.
a = 2^0
b = 2^1
c = 2^2
d = 2^3
etc.

This of course is not limited to the MOB flag.  It applies to anything in
the world/ directory which requires a bitvector.

linc aka Aladdin of Eternity DikuMUD