Re: Purpose of this list (fwd)

Spawn@KrimsonMud
Date: 04/18/95

I took this as a comment towards me since the whole freegin' discussion
was brought back up when I responded to a message telling the person to
look for themselves before asking here -- that is why this stupid message
string came about in the first place, so it's only natural that I'd be
vain enough to think that any messages about the same topic that someone
brought up (I forget who) after my response would be directed towards
me.  Call it stupidity, call it common sense, call it whatever you please.

I know listservs will help accumulate mail -- but if 10-20 of the
questions I'm asked and are sent through the various list servers I
subscribe to could be avoided, I might be able to catch an important
message or two that could have a good impact on my MUD and how it will
run.

Anyway, I think these messages don't belong here, we aren't helping
anyone with them -- well, not directly.  I'm sorry if people felt my
response to be rude or inappropriate, I still think they should've looked
before asking the question.  Not to mention the fact that I'm certain I
saw new_autowiz.c or something similar in 3.0bpl7 and I believe at one
time in one of the submission directories at ftp.cs.jhu.edu -- not sure,
though.

/Spawn@KrimsonMud/