Re: Code Help

From: Burkhard Knopf (Knopf@tlaloc.in.tu-clausthal.de)
Date: 04/20/95

 Taz> Hi, Im still trying to code a special proc that opens an exit
 Taz> when a character drops a certain item in a  room flagged as special_room
 Taz> or whatever.

Your code frag makes me rather think you wanted to teleport a player on
dropping that item than to open an exit. ;-)

 Taz>   int location = 8001;
 Taz>   char_to_room(ch, location);     <------- bombs here!

Just had a look into act.movement.c and structs.h
The to_room part of an exit struct is *short int* so I guess that's
causing bombs here - if your compiler makes int be *long int* that is.

Hope this helps
  Burkhard

--
Burkhard Knopf                       and when they say 'take of his body'
   e-mail:                           I think I'll take from mine instead