2 problems

From: Katzlberger Thomas (cat@garfield.Vanderbilt.Edu)
Date: 04/22/95

Problem 1:
==========

/*
 * determine if a given string is an abbreviation of another
 * (now works symmetrically -- JE 7/25/94)
 */
int is_abbrev(char *arg1, char *arg2)
{
  if (!*arg1)
    return 0;

  for (; *arg1 && *arg2; arg1++, arg2++)
    if (LOWER(*arg1) != LOWER(*arg2))
      return 0;

  return 1;
}

practice bless
practice bless area

Both map to the spell: bless
since this function works symmetrically.
Is there any reason for this function to work symmetrically ?
I always thought abbreviations are shorter than their full lenght
counterpart ??

Problem 2:

The function log() collides with the logarithm function in math.h !
This caused some trouble.
How about slowly replaceing it with for example errlog() ?
Sometimes functions from math.h are useful to calculate self
adjusting tables like our new saveing_throw system.

Kilian.
--
Opening soon:
MultiMUD telnet 132.230.36.55 4242