Re: Circle: The CircleMUD player file format

From: Naved A Surve (surve_n@voronoi.cs.jhu.edu)
Date: 04/23/95

In message <199504231453.KAA26041@itchy.ee.cua.edu> you said:

> 	I was curious if anyone had written any utils, which could
> convert an old player file to a newer one, as long as it has access to
> the new and old structs.h (specifically char_file_u).

Many people have written this.

> 	Also, are there any utils out there (preferably free) that
> convert binaries between different UNIX systems?

If you are referring to Endianness, then there are standard Unix functions
already there that do this conversion.  If you want to take a binary
executable or object code from one platform and use it on another, that is
not possible.

Check out the htons() and ntohs() functions on your Unix man page.

-Naved

Naved A. Surve <surve_n@jhu.edu>             The Johns Hopkins University
<URL:http://server.cs.jhu.edu/~surve_n/>     Baltimore, MD