Skill Based System

From: David Blocher (dblocher@prolog.net)
Date: 04/24/95

I think a skill based system seems intriguing, but a bit too time consuming
for me right now.  I have looked into eliminating classes, so a player can
learn whatever he wants, and depending upon what he has learned so far it
will decide what skills/spells are open to him.
I still have the questions about how a skill system exists:

1> If there are no levels, do players hits and mana increase with
time/adventuring?  If so how?

2> Is there such things as practices, or are spells/skills bought then
improved with use?

3> This one is vague, but does this changes what I know as a definition of a
mob?  I.e. will a mob without spells/skills be a wimpy mob?

Just looking for idead,
Vain
David Blocher			"The Weather is here, wish you were beautiful!"
dblocher@prolog.net		Jimmy B.