Re: more questions ;)

From: Chris A. Epler (cepler@cisco-slip21.acc.Virginia.EDU)
Date: 04/28/95

Reply To: cepler@ucsee.eecs.berkeley.edu

On Fri, 28 Apr 1995 ribak@acs.bu.edu wrote:

> Does anyone know of the 'legality' of using stock merc and silly areas

I don't think there would be any problem...not unless the author said
specifcally that you can't use them on CircleMUD's but that'd be just
plain silly...er, strange.

> Has anyone compiled a list of the new ascii flags that are used
> in patch level 7?

> not listed anywhere in the partial docs that are included with patch 7.

Nope, they aren't that I know of, but I haven't really read the docs very
much lately.  Check in the src directory in a file called structs.h.
That has all the information you need.  Just start with a as 1, b as 2, c
as 4 and so on...ie:

#define ROOM_DARK               (1 << 0)   /* Dark                      */
^- that one would be 0, ie, no flags

#define ROOM_DEATH              (1 << 1)   /* Death trap                */
^- this one would be a

#define ROOM_NOMOB              (1 << 2)   /* MOBs not allowed          */
^- this one would be b and so on. :)

At least, I believe thats the way it's working.  Very easy.

[ Chris A. Epler <cepler@ucsee.eecs.berkeley.edu>                     ]
[ PGP key available, finger cepler@ucsee.eecs.berkeley.edu            ]
[ Key fingerprint: F1 B0 F4 53 33 7C B8 5D  95 6A 01 7F E3 F1 07 85   ]