Re: Peaceful

From: Ryan (ed209@iia2.org)
Date: 05/31/95

On Wed, 31 May 1995, Stefan Rensing wrote:

> > Hey JE - your peaceful flags don't quite work 100%.  If you notice, you
> > can kick, bash or any skills that are offensive in a peaceful square.
> > (This happens in bpl8)
>
> Well, I guess that's due to the fact that he added it in hit() only.
> Another entry in damage() will be sufficient (at least it works in my
> mud).
>
> -Stefan.

no, if he put it in damage() that would not work well.  Lets say if you
are poisoned and in a peaceful area.. You would get the message

"You cannot fight in peaceful areas!" every tick or so.

maybe if you put

if (ch != victim) {
  send_to_char(PEACEFUL_MSG, ch);
  return;
}

might work, but I'm sure there's a better place to put it.