How do I find out if an Object is a corpse?

From: J\vrgen (di4sig@fonda.cse.hks.se)
Date: 07/22/95

How do I find out if an Object is a corpse?

I'm trying to make a new skill, which allows the player to make a shield, boots,
gloves, etc. out of corpses. At some point I have to determine if the object, which
the player tries to use, is a corpse. There is no ITEM_CORPSE (not in pl8).

I know that a corpse is considered as a container, but I can't rely on that since
a bag is also considered as a container.

I'd be very glad if someone could tell me how to do it.

Ziggur @ BlueMage