Re: UM, hit()

From: Daniel [Trice] Koepke (dkoepke@global.california.com)
Date: 07/25/95

On Tue, 25 Jul 1995, David E. Berthiaume Jr. wrote:

> > So, instead of do_diagnose(victim), you need to do_diagnose(ch, "", 0, 0);
> ok I see that now that you point it out, but, how do I change vict or
> FIGHTING(ch) to a name or string so that arg2 is a compatable pointeR?

	do_diagnose(ch, GET_NAME(vict), 0, 0);
	do_diagnose(ch, GET_NAME(FIGHTING(ch)), 0, 0);

	vict is ``cast'' as struct char_data, meaning it's got access to
all the variables of the character data structure (char_data).
FIGHTING() is a macro, see utils.h (right filename?).

	Incidently, depending on where you are going to be using this,
FIGHTING(ch) may == vict, if my memory serves me well enough (probably
doesn't, but Hell, it's early).

--
dak@krimson, 140.174.210.5/mud.california.com 1234