crash problem

From: Ace (ace@b63740.student.cwru.edu)
Date: 07/29/95

I started working on adding my code from our old source (Circle 2.11) to
the new Circle 3.0 code and have run into a problem:

The troubles all started after I added some new spells/skills.

I added the appropriate defines in spells.h, added the necessary lines in
interpreter.c (for the skills), and added the new spell code (most of the
were MAG_MANUAL spells because they didn't fit anywhere else).

I now have the problem of whenever I attempt to log in a character, the
mud crashes, and I get a segmentation fault.

So, have I forgotten to add something that is needed for spell/skill
addition?

Also, what is the name of the program that allows me to find out what
caused the seg. fault (one of those cool debugging programs)?

I am running under Linux 1.2.1.

Any help/suggestions would be greaztly appreciated.

Ace
__
Ace   		       	   ace@b63740.cwru.edu   srk4@po.cwru.edu
Metal Director             WWW->http://b63740.cwru.edu/brothers/ace/ace.html
WRUW-FM / Cleveland        AbsolutMUD (b63740.cwru.edu 4000)

Who are you to criticize           |
To judge and burn the tribes       | Put your money where your mouth is
The world will be extinct	   | So I can shove it down your throat.
And your flesh will rot with mine. |