Eq. Numbering in list_obj_to_char

From: root (root@localhost.iupui.edu)
Date: 08/04/95

	Hello again.
	I'm currently running into a small snag with a routine I'm working on
that does the classic:
	a short sword lies here (3)
	My current plan of attack is traverse the eq list in a room (via the
CAN_SEE_OBJ macro and obj->next_content), put the item numbers the player can
see into an array, count up the similar vnums, then send the output to the char.
	The problem is the "count up the similar vnums" part of this algorithim.
I'm sort of stumped on how I should do this in a semi-elegant way.  Or, worse
yet, is the approach I'm taking a poor one, and is there a better way?
	Thanks in advance,
	Mark Crichton

P.S.  I think this machine is now known as dialup.iupui.edu (finally fixed
sendmail), but dialup.iupui.edu is a dynamic PPP line, so please send all replys
to: macricht@indyunix.iupui.edu.  (Unless someone knows an elegant to make send-
mail cope with a changing IP address...all I can think of is a PERL hack...))