Re: File Transfer?

From: Scatter (scatter@onramp.net)
Date: 08/22/95

On Mon, 7 Aug 1995, root wrote:
>   I realize that you can't simply send file transfers over the raw telnet,
> unless you use Zmodem or something. But, if possible, I'd like to be able to
> have the file transfers going on in the backgroud, so that the players can
> go about their business mudding.

Most unix machines have more than one port.  If you want to get off into
writing code to fork off another process and start an ftp session back to
the client requesting the file transfer then have fun.  Personally I feel
that having a seperate ftp server running would be a much more sensible
thing.  A MUD is meant to serve a game,  ftp daemons are meant to serve
files, and as such each is better at their job the the other could ever
be :)