Re: Hiya folks...

From: Ron Poulton (ron@res.com)
Date: 08/14/95

> We just started developing on Circlemud 3.0bp18.

You threw me there for a moment.  CircleMUD is 3.0bpl8.  "l" (L) instead
of "1" (one). <grin>.

> 1) Will we be able to add spells very easily?  I do have some coders but we
> aren't really ELITE C programmers here.. nevertheless we did manage the
> OLE patch without the patch command (Damned thing wasn't installed).

I'd like to see spells implemented via text files and an internal spell
editor.  (Side note ;).  In fact, implementing many aspects of CircleMUD
as text files would be of great use.  I'm having questions about adding
'too much' to bpl8; if there's a patch, how easily, as long as I haven't
changed any of the function headers, would the patch encorporate into my
system?

Oh, another question for the general populous.  How would I go about
creating a patch file to convert one set of files to another?  Is this a
manual process or is there something that will accomplish this task
automatically?