Re: circle mud - code submission (fwd)

From: Mark Redshaw(midnight) (midnight@buffnet.net)
Date: 08/21/95

yeah well what your saying here might be a new mob program trigger type
instead of running the mobprogram it would read a text file that would be
the basis for the chat
would have to be a few bullshiters and I dont know messages in this file
then something like a two line message system
kinda like in syncronet bbs
first line would be triggers
second line would be responces
a lot easyer then a lot of if statements  ect. and also a lot nicer to
system resorces
I trigger would be like when ya said hello to the monster or
when ya did something around it
that would start the monster to send a hello message to you
then your could ask it questions and it would look for key words and
every time it hit a key word it would send the appropiate message

when I come to think of it maybe a two line system wouldnt be that great
maybe a trigger line then a end charecter and a responce field and a end
charecter that way complex instruction maps  stuff like that can be put
in instead of one line