Telnet entry routines.

From: Ron Poulton (ron@res.com)
Date: 09/08/95

Perhaps people of specialized calibre will have begun to read this list
since my previous request for this information. <heh>.

I've been looking through the socket header files and the socket routines
within CircleMUD, and have made a few conclusions regarding the specific
operations of how CircleMUD telnets, however I am no closer (yet) to
knowing how to generate my own input routines.

It seems that CircleMUD receives user information via lines of data; the
user types in a line, which the client handles, then when RETURN is
pressed the client send that line of text which CircleMUD processes;

My interests are to find a method of control over the information typed
by the user in two instances:

1) Ability to redisplay the line of text being entered without having the
user required to press Ctrl-R (or whatever other method is used).

2) Capability of reading a single character from the telnet port.

Possibly after another month or so of digging I may discover more; I'm
curious if anyone has had luck in this endeavour and may share some
information with me that may increase my chance of success.