re: vt100 (ansi) codes.

From: Mark Devlin (markd@eskimo.com)
Date: 09/13/95

On Wed, 13 Sep 1995, Sammy wrote:

> I appreciate the wanings I'm getting guys, but I'm not sure my plan is
> completely understood.  What I wanted to do was allow users to let the
> mud remap their keyboards.  This would be completely controlled by me, so
> I'd be responsible for and screwups.  Of course I'd have a way for them
> to reset before they leave.  I thought this might help the people who
> didn't have tintin out a little.

While your intentions are good, I think just having aliases is a bit more
practical, and a lot more flexible (especially if you can do some funky
stuff with them).

You don't want to put too much interface stuff in a server, since that
what clients are for.  Plus, to support the key-reassignments, the
player's comm program (re: client) must support it, and like I said most
don't.

- Mark
markd@eskimo.com