Re: Duplicate messages (fwd)

From: Billy H. Chan (~{3B:FH;~}) (bhchan@csua.berkeley.edu)
Date: 09/18/95

You recently wrote:
> From: dwb@ix.netcom.com (Daniel W. Burke )
> Subject: Re: Duplicate messages (fwd)

> >Now, the obligatory Circle Coding question:
> >	I'm trying to figure/fix/make-work the monster summoning code,
> >in particular, the 'Animate dead' spell.
> >	What I have right now are about 300 lines of logs just to report
> >back what in the code is being run (ok, maybe 10 lines of log()'s)...
> I have
> >animate dead set up to use TAR_OBJ_ROOM.  Unfortunately, the whole
>

> try TAR_IGNORE only....

Does that still allow manipulation of the 'corpse' in question?

Scenario I'm trying for:
	A necromancer kills a gold-dragon.  It's really tough.
	The necromancer uses the dragon's corpse to cast 'animate dead'.
	the corpse goes away, leaving a MOB_ZOMBIE with the stats of
	the ex-gold-dragon.

	A necromancer is bored and casts 'animate dead' without access
	to a corpse.  Nothing happens (except for the scathing message
	commenting on the stupidity of 'animate dead'ing with no
	material components at hand).

Thanks in advance.  Mail me if you still want to see the multi-class
code (I'm almost done getting the bugs out)
-Billy H. Chan	~{3B:FH;~}		    <bhchan@csua.berkeley.edu>
 For more, check out http://www.csua.berkeley.edu/~bhchan
 NovaCmdr. 'Suicide Strom' of Clan Wolf | FiestyFly FireMoth Variant
 "If you're going under 100kph, you might as well stand still"