forwarded message from Ryan Watkins

From: Ryan Watkins (vamp@dimensionx.com)
Date: 10/02/95

Daniel W. Burke writes:

> I've been wondering this for a lonlong time.... and can't seem to find
> anything in the code that points to is... what's Odin's Store? it's
> room 3056, and it says it HAS to be 1 vnum higher than temple
> alter.....

Its an old easter egg/backdoor from the DIKU Gamma code.  If you were
a player named "Papi" and you were in the temple, and you "pray"'ed a
key would appear letting you get into your house in the park area.
This key was loaded into a room called "Odin's Store".

Old DIKU player trivia :

There used to be a "Dimension Door" spell on and old DIKU at UCDavis
that randomly teleported you to another room in that zone.  A number
of young magicians found this place while randomly teleporting thru
the city ....

--
Ryan L. Watkins                email: vamp@dnx.com
HTML Hacker / System Admin       url: http://www.dnx.com/vamp/vamp.html