Re: Disarm Skill (fwd)

From: Billy H. Chan (~{3B:FH;~}) (bhchan@csua.berkeley.edu)
Date: 10/17/95

> From: Pink Floyd <floyd@south.mit.edu>
>
> [On disarm losing the equip]
> try this:
>
>         struct obj_data *tmp;
> 	tmp = unequip_char(vict, WEAR_WIELD);
> 	obj_to_room(tmp, vict->in_room);

Actually, you can save a temp pointer by combining the two statements
into:
	obj_to_room(unequip_char(vict, WEAR_WIELD), vict->in_room);

Does anyone know where an object that is not obj_to_room'ed go?
I fixed my bug, but I'm interested in finding out what could've
happened (did equip appear out of no where in some strange place in
my mud, or did it cause some memory leakage...)
-Billy H. Chan	~{3B:FH;~}		    <bhchan@csua.berkeley.edu>
 For more, check out http://www.csua.berkeley.edu/~bhchan
 NovaCmdr. 'Suicide Strom' of Clan Wolf | FiestyFly FireMoth Variant
 "If you're going under 100kph, you might as well stand still"