Re: Zone Idleing code?

From: Alex (
Date: 10/26/95

On Thu, 26 Oct 1995, Naved A Surve wrote:
> I always thought that micromanagement of your memory was best left up to the
> Unix kernel (assuming you had a decent Unix)
If you don't have the physical memory tho'... you need to optimize your
memory taking up.  The kernal can only optimize so much after all.  The
programmer can save him/herself lots of trouble in the long run by
making the code more memory efficient, then the compiler and kernal will
take care of the little leftovers.

--  Alex
"Spoon!" -- The Tick