REDIT and IEDIT (fwd)

From: Billy H. Chan (~{3B:FH;~}) (bhchan@csua.berkeley.edu)
Date: 10/31/95

In defense for the OLC that was at the ftp site, I THOUGHT I MADE IT
CLEAR when I tried to use it that a few things WERE buggy and that
people should use room stubs and object stubs when playing around...
(I didn't write the thing, but I like it... it saves my friends from
having to write wld/objs from scratch)   So, let me repeat what you
have to do to make it work for you... USE STUBS.  what do I mean?
ok... I'll cut/paste a section of a stub for y'all to see what I
mean:

wld.stub looks like this repeated 99 times (I cheat and use zone 40 for
rooms 4000 to 4599, it doesn't seem to mind, and one zreset resets the
whole zone as I wanted it to be):
#QQ00
Room #QQ00~
This description is yet unfinished...
~
QQ 1024 0
#QQ01
Room #QQ01~
This description is yet unfinished...
~
QQ 1024 0

Now, you go and copy this to whatever 30.wld... then you change all the
#QQ's to what it should be (#30 for zone/wld 30, etc)... they're all
 GOD rooms so players can't accidentally wander into an undescribed
area.
For OBJs, this is a sample obj.stub:

#QQ00
unfinished object~
an unfinished object~
An unfinished object is lying here.~
~
13 0 0 1
0 0 0 0
0 0 0

#QQ01
unfinished object~
an unfinished object~
An unfinished object is lying here.~
~
13 0 0 1
0 0 0 0
0 0 0

Again, switch #QQ to #<zone> for this to work (and don't forget the
$~ at the end of the file.
Using these, I've gotten 3 builders set up and building with no problems.
When my first builder test-ran the OLC without stubs, it caused crashes,
and I'm very darn sure I mentioned it... This should definitely go in a
FAQ.... I'm sorry for being on a string right now... don't know what
they put in my pepsi today... my hands are shaking as I type....
-Billy H. Chan	~{3B:FH;~}		    <bhchan@csua.berkeley.edu>
 For more, check out http://www.csua.berkeley.edu/~bhchan
 NovaCmdr. 'Suicide Strom' of Clan Wolf | FiestyFly FireMoth Variant
 "If you're going under 100kph, you might as well stand still"